Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Hunter Files...

Apparently it is amazing fun to throw down dirty socks at the cat on the stairs. This was accomplished while trying to put Madison to bed last night. Literally about 10 socks were hurdled at poor Cheddar. The cat did not seem very concerned about his safety...sat there and took it like a man.

This afternoon while holding a wiggly toddler on my lap, he decides to bend down, and lick my pants. Right on my leg. I tell him no, that is "yucky," so being the boy he is, does it again...and again...and again. Finally I set him on the floor. "We do NOT lick pants in this house!" Seriously, words I never thought I would be saying to my children.

Tonight, he decided to sneak out to the kitchen, discover that I didn't have the refrigerator lock in place (yes, I have a lock for him, otherwise the fridge would be emptied on a daily basis), and comes quietly to the livingroom, shuts the pocket doors. They separate the kitchen from the livingroom. I sit here for a minute, then quietly open them to see my 2 1/2 year old son trying his darndest to open a 1lb. box of butter.

He also, tonight, was sitting on the potty, and he will only sit on the adult toilet, not the potty chair (that I spent money on specifically to buy him, LOL). I tell him that I need to go potty. So, he points to the potty chair and says, very seriously, "Go, Momma!" HAHAHAHA!

My son, at 2 1/2 years old, is smarter than your average child. In EVERY aspect. He knows all his letters and can recite them when asked (and not in any particular order), most of his numbers as well. Since he has been a baby, he loves anything with buttons, lights or "electronic." He knows what channel the TV has to be on for the DVD player, the VCR, the Wii and the PS2...and they are ALL different. He can honestly work the computer, and is just extremely intelligent when it comes to taking things apart and putting them together. He will pull a chair (heavy, to boot) across the house to get to the sink to play in water. He climbs like a soldier (I swear rock walls would NOT stop this child). He is self potty training, something I thought would take forever with him! :) He is a momma's boy, and a snuggler, and I love him to pieces, although most days I wanna pull my hair out!

These are just a few of my sons quirks and loves...and he makes up a huge part of who I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment